Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Soft Landing for Clear Voice

Before the world shifted under our feet this year, I blogged about restoration of my voices across what I refer to as nfoCentrale, an amalgamation of web sites and blogs.

Lately I have turned, instead, to down-sizing and consolidation, focusing on a small number of projects that are central to my computer-science vocation.  This is a realistic move in light of my age and limited energy and enthusiasm, recognizing I have cast a net with too many unwoven holes in it.

Consolidation will be on GitHub, since it provides version control, Markdown authoring, hosting, wikis, and preservation of projects.  I expect that GitHub will endure as long as I require it, and having Git as a laboratory and preservation mechanism is ideal.

I will continue the nfoCentrale site, although more add-on domains will be surrendered; the content will remain as subdirectories of nfoCentrale.com and the catalog will reflect the altered amalgamation reality.

I also have to consider migration to a blog or two hosted on GitHub rather than Blogger.  This will provide relief from the disconnects between the current Blogger and LiveWriter; LiveWriter files are also not ideal for preservation purposes, though better than none.  I am saddened by the loss of continuity.  I will work through that in small steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment