Wednesday, February 12, 2020

nfoCentrale: Longing for Clear Voices

I have had several blogs.  Some of their dormant states are linked on the sidebar here.  My inattention to maintenance of consistent voices on particular themes has led to fracture and confusion (for myself at least) with respect to my Internet presences.

A feature I miss is having separate blogs focused on roughly-consistent themes.  There has been 10 years of neglect since I was flummoxed by breaking-for-me changes in how Blogger worked. Now there is fragmentation of voice to reconcile. 

What a mish-mash!

Some of this has to deal with me being so easily distracted and pursuing of new shiny things. “Squirrel!”.  At the same time, there is also confirmation that life-cycle of vendor (i.e., MIcrosoft) products and the continuing-use dependency of end-users are wildly different. 

So many blogs are dormant since 2010 because I failed to come up with appealing replacements.  Self-hosting of Movable Type on nfoCentrale.com and node.js development of hexo-based blogs didn’t pan out and they managed to have little deployment apart from experimentation on Spanner WIngnut. 

Here I am, having traveled full-circle, using Blogger and free blogspot,com hosting.  This restoration of Orcmid’s Lair (and continuation of Orcmid’s Live Hideout) is just one step. 

I remain wary and cautious, faced with tending this octopus’s garden of mine and achievement of some manageable consistency.

1 comment:

  1. Good work here. One of the key insights to your writings is captured in this excerpt: "... there is also confirmation that life-cycle of vendor (i.e., MIcrosoft) products and the continuing-use dependency of end-users are wildly different."

    Another blogging issue that I have is where to post for a lasting presence. (This may also be a way to avoid the issue.) The digital litter that I have in many places concerns me. I think the answer is for me to clean up my messes.

    ReplyDelete