Saturday, November 9, 2019

Margin, Margin, Who Has the Margin

I was despairing over how the sidebar leaks over images that are too wide for the body column.  It was my main annoyance with how the current Blogger was handling my images.

Looking at the legacy Orcmid’s Lair, I realized that the solution I already knew was to put the sidebar on the left of the body, even though the body does not reflow well as the browser window is expanded/shrunk horizontally, thanks to “improvements” in the HTML specifications and the styling used by Blogger.  I don’t know if the level at which Blogger provides advanced formatting control will allow me to solve that problem.  Being a proud card-carrying member of Raymond Chen’s Backward Compatibility cult, this annoys me no end.

Notice that a new category/label, “Professor von Clueless” has been added along with this post.  That’s in homage to geeky, developer-related posts and another legacy Blogger blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment