Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Well, That Didn’t Go Well

I was able to recover a Miser Project post to this blog using the original post date.
  1. I couldn’t just use the draft in Open LiveWriter that I used for the original post.  It just wouldn’t go. [2019-11-07T10:24 I have workarounds now.  Not entirely satisfying but good enough for casual blogging.]
  2. So I used the web-page creator for Blogger posts, with copy and paste of the original text, and reloading of the screen capture I used for the WordPress image.
    [2019-11-07T10:23 Once I get a post into Blogger, I can retrieve and update it using Live Writer though.]
  3. [2019-11-07T10:22 I have enough work-arounds for this, but the layout is not pleasing, especially when the sidebar becomes long enough to overlap images in the body text.]
  4. Unfortunately, the problem between LiveWriter and Blogger is that it doesn’t allow custom image scaling.  I had to use the largest size it does support that would not blow out of the page.  That’s not very readable on-line.  I also can’t make an image link to the original file so someone could get a direct view of that PNG image.
    [2019-10-30T12:28 OK, OK, I found the workaround for this.]
  5. I also included the wrong PNG image.  I will see if I can repair that.  Unfortunately, Blogger apparently doesn’t allow editing of existing pages (or I can’t find it).
    [2019-10-30T12:29 I found the edit-post link.  Just above where comments appear.  Sheesh.]

Tasks

  • Replace that post on Blogger with one having the correct image.
    [2019-10-30T12:26 Well, I learned how to edit a post and to redo the image.  I also learned that Blogger makes the image clickable to provide a right-sized view.  I made the image "original" size anyhow, before I discovered that.]
  • Create a Miser category and see if that is useful.
    [2019-10-30T12:33 I forgot they are called "labels" and I started using "Miser Project" for that sequence of posts.]
  • Think about what it takes to use GitHub as a blog host.  It means I need a Markdown-oriented blog creation procedure, but maybe that’s necessary after all. [2019-11-07T10:20 and I am still stuck about this.   The Blogger image-handling is becoming an annoyance.]

No comments:

Post a Comment